Online Energy Audits
The City of Thomaston is participating in a grant program sponsored by Electric Cities of Georgia (ECG) and funded by the Georgia Environmental Finance Authority (GEFA) called the GreenStreet Residential Energy Efficiency Program. The goal of this program is to promote the benefits of energy efficiency to our residential utility customers. To aid in this effort, the city is proud to offer our utility customers access to HomeEnergySuite™, an application created and designed by Apogee Interactive of Atlanta to show our customers ways to decrease their energy consumption and provide recommendations on how they can become more energy efficient.
- Appliance Calculator - Ever wonder how much it costs to run an appliance in your home? This calculator will help you find the answer.
- Fundamentals of Electricity - Basic electricity fundamentals and how the electric utility industry generates and delivers power
- Heat Pump Calculator - Demonstrates the savings potential of replacing older inefficient heat pumps with newer high efficiency units.
- HomeEnergyCalculator™ - With the choice of a number of dropdown selections, a customer can estimate his/her home’s energy consumption and patterns.
- HomeEnergyLibrary™ - A library of information to enable your customers and staff to access an extensive collection of energy information in and around the home.
- InteractiveEnergyHome - A graphically rich and interactive extensive library for exploring electricity issues.
- Kids Korner - An engaging and informative research-based learning center for children of all ages. Topics include: energy conservation, safety, energy fundamentals, history, glossary, careers and a host of fun activities.
- Lighting Calculator - Compares the purchase price and cost to operate Compact Fluorescent Lamps vs. Incandescent Lights.
- Space Heater Calculator - Details the monthly cost of operating one, or more, space heaters.
- Television Calculator - Compares the energy use and cost of LCD, DLP, Plasma, and traditional tube televisions.